Have you ever thought about retelling a classic story with a modern twist?
Today we’re talking with David Lamb and he is going to share with us a little about his journey writing On Top of the World (Until the Bell Chimes)—a satirical retelling of A Christmas Carol. And his version has nothing to do with the holidays…
Like Charles Dickens, DAVID LAMB grew up a poor boy in the big city who discovered that the pen really is mightier than the sword. Growing up in New York City, David went on to attend graduate school at Princeton University and NYU School of Law.
While working as a lawyer by day, David transformed into a writer at night and eventually wrote and produced the award-winning hit off-Broadway play Platanos Y Collard Greens.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- How David found time to write while practicing law.
- Why he decided to retell his version of A Christmas Carol.
- How he researched the music industry, without being an insider.
- What lessons he wove into the story.
- How he kept going when he felt like giving up.
RESOURCES AND LINKS
David’s Website: DavidLambBooks.com
On Top of the World (Until the Bell Chimes)