Have you ever told yourself that your book had to have a certain number of pages or words?
Have you ever read a really short book and been thrilled with the content?
Today we’re talking with Dr. Robert Duff and he is going to share with us a little about his journey creating a brand and writing a short book while in the middle of finishing up his Ph.D.
Dr. Robert Duff is a psychologist from Southern California, the author of the Hardcore Self Help book series, and the host of a podcast by the same name. His content focuses on translating complex psychological concepts into straight-forward, actionable, and funny language.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- Setting up a good writing routine and sticking to it
- Whether you should set a word count, or have preconceived notions for how long you want it to be.
- Whether length helps or hinders the message.
- How to strategically build your brand and the titles of your books.
- How to get your audience targeting just right and sell according to expectations.
- How to deal with feedback from readers – including complaints.
- The most challenging thing about publishing your first book.
RESOURCES AND LINKS:
Robert’s Website: Duff the Psych
Follow Robert on Twitter: @DuffThePsych
Follow Robert on Facebook: DuffThePsych
Follow Robert on YouTube: DuffThePsych