Do you have this notion that once you’re published, your work is done?
And are you concerned that maybe you’ll never get published because you don’t know the “right people”?
Today we’re talking with Terry Whalin and he is going to share with us a little about the publishing process he helps people go through at Morgan James Publishing.
A former book acquisitions editor for several publishers and a former literary agent, Terry is currently an acquisitions editor at Morgan James Publishing. He has written more than 60 books through traditional publishers in a wide range of topics from children’s books to biographies to co-authored books.
Terry is known as a book proposal expert and has written a bestselling book, Book Proposals That Sell: 21 Secrets to Speed Your Success, which has over 130 Five Star Amazon reviews.
He has updated his teaching to include fiction and nonfiction plus created a step-by-step online membership course called Write A Book Proposal. His latest books include Jumpstart Your Publishing Dreams, Insider Secrets to Skyrocket Your Success from Morgan James Publishing. He is a popular speaker and teacher at numerous writers’ conferences and an active member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- What’s the Catch-22 of the publishing world? (And how to get around it.)
- How most people think of publishing, and why it’s incomplete.
- How to get published even if “no one knows you”. (And how to get Terry to look at your manuscript.)
- Several ways authors can engage the marketplace.
- How to get started with magazine writing as a stepping stone to book publishing (and a great book marketing tool).
- The 4-step format for writing a great query letter.
- Why you should be publishing on social media WAY more than you are.
RESOURCES & LINKS:
Terry’s website: TerryWhalin.com