Would you like to know how to get more accomplished in 40 hours than you’re currently doing in 60 or 70 hours?
What if your success were simply a matter of working smarter not harder?
Today we’re talking with Tom Dowd, and he is going to share with us a little about his experience with work/life balance and time management. Tom is a prize-winning speaker, award-winning author, and trainer—all spurred by his need to be more than a painfully shy and introverted individual on a roller coaster ride of success.
Tom has taken the strategies and insights learned over 24 years in the financial industry in management and leadership roles to write his fourth book Time Management Manifesto: Expert Strategies to Create an Effective Work/Life Balance. This book teaches readers that time management is a disciplined mindset. Having control in your life is about commitment, routines, flexibility, adjustments, and planning. We do have more control in our lives than we think, and it’s important for you to manage your time– don’t let it manage you.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- Why it feels like we work and work and never get anything done. (Are we really on a hamster wheel – or does it just seem that way?)
- The secret to getting more done in 40 hours than the 60 or 70 you’re working now.
- How to balance both a full-time day job and writing a book.
- How to develop good time-management habits without being a slave to them
- Important strategies for when life is just chaos—the kids are sick, work is stressful, the car breaks down, and it’s just one thing after another.
RESOURCES and LINKS:
Go to Tom’s website to learn more about him, his work and his books.
Look Tom up on LinkedIn.
Tom has teamed up with Avanoo, an online training program with a panel of experts that can help you get the best performance out of yourself and your employees.
Click for inspiration and help with better time management.