Did you know that launch parties can go WAY beyond old-fashioned bookstore signings?
And did you know throwing yourself a big party can be a great way to market your book?
Today we’re talking with Judith Briles and she is going to share with us a little about organizing book celebrations.
Judith Briles is an advocate for authors and writers and is known as The Book Shepherd. Delivering practical publishing information and guidance, she is the author of 32 books, many of them award-winning best sellers. Her latest books include: Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms. Her books and her mouth have generated in excess of $5,000,000 in revenues and taken her from Oprah to Good Morning America, CNN, the Wall Street Journal and more.
Judith is the Chief Visionary Officer of AuthorU.org, a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- When is the best time to throw a party for your book.
- Why book celebrations are important beyond just throwing yourself a party.
- Marketing benefits from book celebrations that help your book in the long run.
- How far in advance to start planning.
- Getting creative with food and drink.
- When should you start talking about your celebration.
- Alternative venues that may work better than a bookstore for your event.
- How to keep people entertained during the event.
- How to keep in touch with attendees (and encourage them to review your book).
- What to do if you’re worried that no one will show up.
RESOURCES AND LINKS:
Judith’s website: Author U
Judith’s Event for Writers: Author U Extravaganza (Listen to this episode for a $100 coupon code)