Do you think your book might sell more copies–and help more people–if you could land an article in a major newspaper or magazine?
Do you dream of getting great publicity, but can’t afford to pay for an expensive PR agency?
If so, you’re going to LOVE today’s interview.
I’m here with Joan Stewart, The Publicity Hound, and she is going to share the best Do It Yourself publicity strategies so you can get the media attention you (and your book) deserve.
Joan Stewart works with business owners, nonprofits and organizations that need free publicity in traditional and social media.
For almost two decades she has trained and coached thousands of people on how to get free publicity that helps them establish credibility, enhance their reputation, position themselves as experts, sell more products and services, and promote a favorite cause or issue–without an expensive publicist.
She helps people through her live events, online training, consulting and The Publicity Hound Mentor Program.
Joan is the author of 10 ebooks on publicity and PR, and has contributed to more than 60 books on various publicity and business topics.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- What publicity really is, and why it’s such an important skill for authors
- The best questions to ask yourself before you do ANY marketing or publicity
- How to position yourself so that readers come to you
- Why marketing can feel uncomfortable, and what to do about it
- The biggest mistakes authors make when trying to get their own publicity
- Where to start with radio, TV, and newspapers
- Why you don’t have to (and shouldn’t) pay a fortune (or anything) for publicity anymore
RESOURCES AND LINKS:
Find all sorts of free publicity tutorials and resources on Joan’s website: ThePublicityHound.com
Joan’s Latest Book: